When chatting with my friends, we usually share the goings-on of our lives: work, kids, home, travel, volunteerism… you name it, we’re doing it, and we have the calendar schedules to prove it. One thing that we always discuss without fail is date night! Sharing each other’s unique ideas is a good way to keep date night from going stale.
Although fitting a weekly date night into our schedule can be a challenge, my husband and I make every effort possible to have a fun evening out once a month. We are lucky that there are tons of things to enjoy in Fairfax and the surrounding areas.
In the winter time, Trattorio Villagio, in Clifton, VA is a favorite for one of our agents. Trena Peyton loves the Winter Lounge: “It is a true gem of a date night location. They have a decorated outdoor patio/lounge, with fire pits and heaters, blankets and holiday movies playing.” Grab a specialty drink or order from the full menu.
For date night options during the hot summer months, there are dozens of local wineries, perfect for a day date. The Mosaic District offers a variety of places to have dinner or drinks, sit inside or out, and to catch a movie or paint together.
Check out our list below of our top date night ideas surrounding Fairfax, Va. Let us know which spots you check out and share a few of your favorites!
16 Cool Things To Do for Date Night
- Reserve a room at Room Escape Fairfax
- Indoor Go-carting at AutoBahn in Manassas
- Live Irish Music every Friday evening at The Auld Shabeen in Fairfax
- Bowl a couple of lanes at Bowl America in Fairfax
- Couples Cooking Classes at Culinaria in Vienna
- Play a few rounds at TopGolf in Alexandria or Ashburn
- Take the ghost tour in Old Town or Georgetown
- Dinner/drinks in Shirlington at Cooperwood Tavern followed by a play at Siganture Theater
- Rent a boat for two at Lake Anne or Lake Fairfax.
- Pack a picnic and sit at the shores of Lake Audubon.
- Ride the Capital Wheel over National Harbor.
- Bike along the W&OD Trail.
- Book a paddleboard session with Surf Reston.
- Go rock climbing at Sportrock Climbing Center.
- Brew your own beer at Kettles & Grains in Leesburg
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Loudon